|On Saturday June 16, 2018 Families Against The Heroin Epidemic Rally in Stark (F.A.T.H.E.R.S.) will be holding their 4th annual motorcycle run and community event to raise awareness of the heroin crisis in our community and support for efforts to combat it. The mission of F.A.T.H.E.R.S. is to raise awareness of the Heroin Epidemic, and to promote access to the information and resources available in Stark County.
Our focus is on the families of those addicted to Opiates.
Through our partnerships with CommQuest Services, and the Stark County Sheriff's Department, we with other local grassroots addiction support groups strive to identify and address ways in which treatment and law enforcement systems can best serve the needs of the families, and communities. We are dedicated to the promotion of unity and the common good through cooperation with any and all organizations engaged in the support of those affected by addiction.
The Following Projects Are Made Possible From The Generous Sponsors & Participants Of The F.A.T.H.E.R.S. Motorcycle Poker Run:
* SARTA Bus Advertising for Recor Facility Massillon / 2015
* SARTA Bus Advertising for Stark County Sheriff Tip Line / 2015
* Purchase/ Installation (5) Heroin Awareness Signs/ Canton (2), Massillon, Brewster, Stark Co. Jail / 2016
* Creation/ Maintenance of www.starkheroinepidemic.org Website / 2016
* Creation/ Maintenance of www.fathersrunstark.com Website / 2016
* Purchase/ Installation (4) Heroin Awareness Signs/ Alliance, Louisville, Canal Fulton, Magnolia / 2017
* SARTA Bus Advertising entire fleet (interior) for Recor Facility Massillon & Alliance Detox Unit / 2017
* Develop/ Initiate F.A.T.H.E.R.S. Kids Day Camp for 8-12 Year Olds Directly Affected by a Parent's Addiction
Currently Stark County Statistics Are:
* 293% INCREASE in the amount of individuals seeking help for Opiate addiction since 2010*
* 25% DECREASE of Overdoses since 2016*
*42% DECREASE of FATAL Overdoses since 2016*
The positive results are due to the combined efforts, cooperation and unity of all the
dedicated organizations within our Stark County Community